Capstone are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our growing team in NYC office. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Data Engineering and be involved in support, design and build out of our next generation of data platform.
We are in search of a dynamic professional with a keen interest in establishing a steadfast career in the financial services industry. This position offers the chance to significantly impact our swiftly expanding firm. The candidate should be a self-starter, quick learner, and have the ability to manage multiple projects. The capacity to handle numerous responsibilities, deliver superior results under pressure, and prioritize tasks is crucial.
As this role necessitates direct interaction with front offices and business users, excellent communication skills are key.
This position is ideally suited for someone who thrives on the challenge of creating efficient data pipelines and tools. There will be several greenfield opportunities to introduce innovation and design to our data systems, and the individual will be expected to spearhead numerous data-related initiatives.
- Be part of Data Engineering team responsible for all market data in the firm
- Design and implement data-ingestion and data-processing pipelines and tools for a diverse range of datasets using Python, Linux and AWS Cloud platform.
- Work with variety of backend database storage systems including MS SQL Server, AWS Redshift, Cassandra, Snowflake and MongoDB
- Enhance and build out API and libraries to access firm’s centralized data platform (Datalake)
- Hands on building out next generation real-time market data platform
- Lead ad hoc projects related to data (e.g., assessment of a dataset, quarterly review of the data library, creation of a website)
- Become the subject matter expert of different market and alternative datasets used for alpha research and trading across different strategies and asset classes.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in data engineering
- Proficient coding experience in Python and Linux environment
- Experience working with commercial database engines, including MS SQL Server and cloud-based databases such as Redshift or Apache Casandra
- Experience with AWS ecosystem, familiar with S3 and Lambda function preferred
- Attention to details and analytical rigor
- Demonstrated interest in finance and aspiration to build a future proof data and information infrastructure
- Ability to communicate efficiently and concisely (both written and verbal communication)
- Master’s degree in mathematics, computer science, financial engineering or other technical discipline a major plus
BASE SALARY RANGE
$100,000 – $115,000 USD (depending on experience)