Understanding the tactics of NYPD hostage negotiation and how to diffuse volatile situations.
Capstone is a results-driven, collaborative culture focused on excellence that is delivered through the collective efforts of everyone on our team. That’s why we challenge and support each other to grow; to grow our skills, broaden our knowledge, expand our horizons, and think differently. Our team is our most important asset and investment.
“There's a lot of information sharing here. There is deep expertise across the firm, and people are constantly talking to each other. They are open to collaboration on ideas and information.”
What drives us.
To anticipate and harness the complexities of global derivatives markets to create opportunities for our clients, team and industry.
To provoke the evolution of asset management through open and continuous collaboration.
We see the world differently.
Where others fear instability, we find opportunity.
“Our clients are not only looking for returns, they are looking for information in and around volatility strategy across asset classes.”
Anticipate change and adapt proactively to maintain a sustainable advantage.
“You can’t be innovative if you don’t fail. We encourage people to own their failures so that we can learn from them, and collectively recover from them.”
Promote a results-driven work ethic that seeks out and nurtures the exceptional.
“Everybody here has seen a crash or two or three. We’ve been through it. There's a lot of experience here.”
Lead through open and continuous collaboration with our team, clients and industry.
“We're open because that's how much we believe in volatility; we want to help develop the industry. We're very transparent and believe in the product, not just our approach.”
Maintain exceptional standards and support one another to achieve them.
“We encourage people to own their mistakes. Many people associate mistakes with weakness, but I believe that owning and understanding them takes the stress out of your position and is very liberating.”
Build trust by delivering results with objectivity and humility.
“We acknowledge that we are going to make mistakes, but we have the humility to take pause, deeply analyze and learn from those mistakes, and that is a key driver to our success.”
Education and opportunity.
We look for employees who have the skills and capabilities to be successful in their role and expand their impact throughout the organization. As new employees onboard, they are guided through their acclimation to ensure an understanding of their role and career trajectory and to set them on a path for success. Our employee training and development opportunities seek to challenge employees to grow their skills, think differently, broaden their knowledge and expand their horizons.
We support a learning journey by bringing in a variety of speakers, providing access to experienced industry professionals, sourcing differentiated development programs and offering training platforms to pursue individual interests. We invest in managers to equip them with the tools to support employees as they navigate through their jobs, teams and careers at Capstone, and ensure their experiences are mutually fulfilling.
“I want everyone at Capstone to understand that they have a large organization filled with exceptional people who are here to support them.”
At Capstone, exploring risk and its associated benefits is a part of our DNA. Our Captivate series of lectures and discussions aims to bring in leaders from diverse walks of life—who also view the world differently—in order to help us understand their unique approach and learn from their experiences.
“We aren’t the fluffy-bean-bag, foosball-table type of environment. We are a results-driven environment, and we are a results-driven business. That requires a level of excellence to be able to create those results.”
Careers at Capstone.
Want to see the world differently? Intellectual curiosity, the openness to share ideas, humility, the highest ethical standards and a desire to excel are a few of the traits that it takes to thrive and be your best self at Capstone.
2020 Internship – Legal
We are looking for an intern in our legal department to assist the team with various projects related to our private fund offering materials, partnership agreements and other private fund legal documentation for hedge funds, single investor funds and managed accounts
We are looking for a Business Analyst with an interest in financial markets and in particular financial risk and investment management, keen eye for details, affinity with data processing, and a natural interest in technology.
- Work closely with the GC/CCO in drafting, maintaining, and implementing all compliance and conflicts of interest policies, including: the firm’s compliance manual, annual compliance review, and policies relating to code of ethics, personal trading, and expense and trade allocations.
- Completion of all SEC, NFA, and FCA regulatory filings with support from Back Office (i.e., ADV, PF, 13D-F-G-H, Form D, CPO PQR and PFS, GABRIEL filings, MiFID II, etc.)
- Conduct the firm’s compliance testing and monitoring activities, including the review of trading and portfolio management activity, forensic testing, various trade surveillance reports and electronic communications
- Provide real-time trading advice across all of the firm’s business units, and assess compliance/regulatory risk in the firm’s trading processes.
- Help organize the firm’s regulatory exams, mock exams, and regulatory/exchange inquiries.
- Assist with the firm’s Annual 206(4)-7 Compliance Review.
- Advise on domestic and foreign jurisdictional marketing efforts, including marketing materials and client onboarding compliance matters such as fund guidelines.
- Assist with the firm’s cybersecurity, BCP, privacy, MiFID II, and GDPR initiatives.
- Oversee the firm’s Code of Ethics (i.e., personal trading policy, political contributions, etc.)
- Interpret and analyze the impact of change to relevant laws, regulations, and market infrastructure as it relates to compliance risk.
- Conduct employee compliance training.
- Provide strong compliance support and execution with respect to all critical ad-hoc projects.
- 4-7+ years relevant experience managing a global compliance program (fund experience preferred). JD degree preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience working in a compliance function with knowledge of the Advisors Act, CFTC Rules and Regulations, NFA Rules, and other global regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of derivatives markets and familiarity with complex financial products is appreciated.
- Ability to work independently/under minimal supervision
- Displays a high level of professionalism, discretion and maintains confidentiality of all sensitive matters
- Excellent written communication skills with an aptitude for technology.
- Familiar working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to be available outside of normal business hours to keep resolve issues/keep processes moving forward if necessary.
- Strong ownership mentality with exceptional resourcefulness and drive for results.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support 5+ senior executives. Responsibilities will include calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reporting and various administrative tasks.
Junior Risk Manager
We are looking for a Junior Risk Manager specializing in Equities and Corporate Credit to be a part of the Risk Management Team. Our risk managers operate closely with our trading and technology teams in order to drive risk management and risk analytics across the firm. We are looking for someone with risk and markets expertise who will at the same time provide critical thinking, taking a quantitative and proactive hands-on approach to the role.
Risk Software Developer
We are looking for a Risk Software Developer to assist with the enhancement and support of risk systems as well as modeling of data structures for equities, fixed income, FX, credit, rates, volatility and exotic products.