Understanding the tactics of NYPD hostage negotiation and how to diffuse volatile situations.
Capstone is a results-driven, collaborative culture focused on excellence that is delivered through the collective efforts of everyone on our team. That’s why we challenge and support each other to grow; to grow our skills, broaden our knowledge, expand our horizons, and think differently. Our team is our most important asset and investment.
“There's a lot of information sharing here. There is deep expertise across the firm, and people are constantly talking to each other. They are open to collaboration on ideas and information.”
What drives us.
To anticipate and harness the complexities of global derivatives markets to create opportunities for our clients, team and industry.
To provoke the evolution of asset management through open and continuous collaboration.
We see the world differently.
Where others fear instability, we find opportunity.
“Our clients are not only looking for returns, they are looking for information in and around volatility strategy across asset classes.”
Anticipate change and adapt proactively to maintain a sustainable advantage.
“You can’t be innovative if you don’t fail. We encourage people to own their failures so that we can learn from them, and collectively recover from them.”
Promote a results-driven work ethic that seeks out and nurtures the exceptional.
“Everybody here has seen a crash or two or three. We’ve been through it. There's a lot of experience here.”
Lead through open and continuous collaboration with our team, clients and industry.
“We're open because that's how much we believe in volatility; we want to help develop the industry. We're very transparent and believe in the product, not just our approach.”
Maintain exceptional standards and support one another to achieve them.
“We encourage people to own their mistakes. Many people associate mistakes with weakness, but I believe that owning and understanding them takes the stress out of your position and is very liberating.”
Build trust by delivering results with objectivity and humility.
“We acknowledge that we are going to make mistakes, but we have the humility to take pause, deeply analyze and learn from those mistakes, and that is a key driver to our success.”
Education and opportunity.
We look for employees who have the skills and capabilities to be successful in their role and expand their impact throughout the organization. As new employees onboard, they are guided through their acclimation to ensure an understanding of their role and career trajectory and to set them on a path for success. Our employee training and development opportunities seek to challenge employees to grow their skills, think differently, broaden their knowledge and expand their horizons.
We support a learning journey by bringing in a variety of speakers, providing access to experienced industry professionals, sourcing differentiated development programs and offering training platforms to pursue individual interests. We invest in managers to equip them with the tools to support employees as they navigate through their jobs, teams and careers at Capstone, and ensure their experiences are mutually fulfilling.
“I want everyone at Capstone to understand that they have a large organization filled with exceptional people who are here to support them.”
At Capstone, exploring risk and its associated benefits is a part of our DNA. Our Captivate series of lectures and discussions aims to bring in leaders from diverse walks of life—who also view the world differently—in order to help us understand their unique approach and learn from their experiences.
“We are a results-driven environment, and we are a results-driven business. That requires a level of excellence to be able to create those results.”
Careers at Capstone.
Want to see the world differently? Intellectual curiosity, the openness to share ideas, humility, the highest ethical standards and a desire to excel are a few of the traits that it takes to thrive and be your best self at Capstone.
2020 Internship – Legal
We are looking for an intern in our legal department to assist the team with various projects related to our private fund offering materials, partnership agreements and other private fund legal documentation for hedge funds, single investor funds and managed accounts
2021 Summer Internship – Fund Accounting
We are looking for a summer intern in our Fund Accounting department to assist with various Fund Accounting initiatives.
2021 Summer Internship – Investor Relations
We are looking for a summer intern in our Investor Relations department to assist with various Investor Relations initiatives.
2021 Summer Internship – Treasury
We are looking for a summer intern in our Treasury department to assist with various Treasury initiatives.
Capstone Investment Advisors is looking to hire an Accountant for the management company accounting team in a growing, fast paced environment that presents significant learning opportunities. Capstone operates in the US (3 offices), UK, Amsterdam and Australia. This professional will be a key member of the management company accounting team that is responsible for Capstone’s global operations and will get a wide range of exposure over time.
- Prepare month end account reconciliations for various entities, as well as foreign subsidiary translation & consolidation for the Controller’s review
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) to manage day to day journal entries, reporting and reconciliation tools
- Daily cash management, reconciliation and wire preparation for all domestic and foreign entity accounts
- Expense allocation process including allocation of expenses between the firm and the funds and amongst the funds in accordance with the firm’s policy
- Allocation of expenses amongst the firm’s portfolio managers as part of their payout calculations
- Utilize FITS (Financial Information Tracking System) and work with the firm’s market data consultant to manage expense allocation, budgeting and recording of journal entries
- Manage the firm’s procurement request process, including tracking budget vs. actual spending
- Payables and receivables management
- Serve as a liaison for the group’s Accounts Payable Supervisor to ensure invoices are processed and coded correctly in the GL
- Work on various automation projects to streamline workflows and drive process efficiencies
- Expectation is that these responsibilities will expand over time. The management company team has a flat structure and everyone works closely together.
- As this role develops over time, we expect this role to eventually cover all aspects of management company accounting
- Motivated, self-starter who is driven to advance their career
- Team player who is willing to pitch in and work collectively towards the group’s goals
- 4-6 years’ experience, preferably a public, private mix
- CPA preferred
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team. This newly created role will work alongside the Head of Trading to help support the global investment team talent. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, a strong communicator, and has exceptional attention to detail. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and interpersonal skills who can work both collaborative and independently.
Financial Planning and Analysis
We are looking for a dedicated financial planning and analysis professional to help define, build out and perform the financial planning and analysis function.
We are looking for a Fund Accountant to assist the Fund Controller and the CFO on the fund accounting and tax aspects of multiple hedge funds currently managed across two platforms; including a multi-strategy volatility arbitrage fund that trades a wide-variety of instruments including but not limited to: IRS and swaptions, listed and OTC options across multiple asset classes, convertible bonds, corporate bonds and CDS as well as exotic derivatives.
Investment Graduate Rotation Program
We are looking for highly motivated and dynamic individuals who are interested in kick starting their investment career at a top-notch, multi-strategy investment management firm. Opportunities are available in our New York and London offices.
We are looking for a Junior Developer to assist with building automated workflows, modeling of data structures equities, fixed income, FX, credit rates, volatility and exotic products, as well as creating significant process efficiencies.
We are looking for an individual to work within the Middle Office team which is responsible for a broad scope of trade support functions and managing the trade lifecycle.
We are looking for an individual to work within the Operations Team providing oversight to a complex P&L process while also driving improvements, and finding efficiencies in the daily/monthly processes.
We are always looking for new talent in the Investment space. If you are interested in becoming a Portfolio Manager at Capstone, please apply here.
Capstone Investment Advisors, LLC is a multi-asset volatility manager. Capstone seeks to capitalize on perceived inefficiencies in the pricing of volatility in target derivative markets. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Amsterdam, we trade globally across equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, and commodities.
Capstone is currently looking for a Senior Risk Manager to be a part of the Risk
Management Team. Our risk managers operate closely with our
trading and technology teams in order to drive risk management and risk analytics across the firm. We are looking for someone with risk and markets expertise who will at the same time
provide critical thinking, taking a quantitative and proactive hands-on approach to the role.
- Identify, evaluate and manage the risks of trading strategies across multiple asset classes including equity indices, single name equities, corporate bonds, fixed income and FX
- Work to ensure that the reported risks are correct and properly measured
- Monitor intraday and overnight market risks
- Communicate with portfolio managers, challenging assumptions and appropriate levels of risk as well as work collegially towards solutions for improved risk management.
- Candidate must have the ability to discuss products and their risks and build tools to analyze risk at the portfolio and individual trade levels.
- Review and validate assumptions in pricing models and analyze the impact of model changes.
- Candidate will also be expected to be proactive in the development of risk tools by working with the technology team.
- Contribute to the development of metrics used for risk factor identification and stress-testing processes.
- Ensure limits are properly set with respect to risk-taking and risk allocation.
- The candidate will attend Capstone’s Investment Committee meetings and is expected to contribute independent assessments of the portfolios, helping senior management in their decision-making process.
- Review new business proposals, set limits and ensure risks can be fully captured within the firm’s systems.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the markets with 5+ years of experience in risk management.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (Math, Science, Engineering or Finance).
- Experience in the options and/or corporate bond markets with good quantitative knowledge of the markets, products, models and risk.
- Deep level of experience with options and their risks is vital.
- Experience with portfolio risk measurement techniques including VAR and stress testing.
- Proactively seeks to improve risk management processes and implement solutions, raising quality and productivity.
- Able to forge strong relationship across multiple levels of the organization.
- Must be courageous and willing to challenge as needed.
- Very high analytical aptitude, as evidenced by educational credentials and/or work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex operational information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to set and manage priorities by being forward-thinking, a proven leader and communicator.
Senior Compliance Officer
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Compliance Officer to work within the firmâs Compliance team covering offices in the US, London, and Amsterdam. The role will report directly to the CCO and lead overall day to day management of the US compliance program for the department.
Summer 2021 Internship
If you attended our Fall 2020 virtual campus recruiting event, apply here!