Operations Graduate Rotation Program – NYC
We are looking for highly motivated and dynamic individuals who are interested in kick starting their finance career for our trading operations rotation program. If you are someone who is interested in the financial markets and wants to learn about trading and trading infrastructure, this opportunity can offer that critical foundation to the industry.
In this two-year program, you will have the opportunity to work with and rotate through some of our infrastructure teams which include operations, middle office and treasury and portfolio finance.
In each of the rotations, you will gain hands on experience working on challenging and meaningful projects and gain exposure to various areas of trading operations and Capstone’s business.
Capstone will also provide you with training opportunities to help advance your professional and technical skills. Throughout the duration of the program, you will have a dedicated mentor who will help you develop, as well as provide career guidance and institutional support. Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to be selected for a permanent position in one of our global offices.
- Develop strong product, strategy, and industry knowledge
- Work closely with team members and develop relationships across departments
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reporting
- Recognize inefficiencies or gaps, recommend improvements, and help implement new processes to streamline back-office workflows
- Work on the launch of new accounts/strategies/funds
- Act as a point of contact for any queries from Portfolio Managers and Traders
- Manage trade capture of all products and ensure trades are allocated and settled
- Monitor affirmation platforms to ensure all risk/booking is correct and manage affirmation of trades on matching platforms
- Monitor control functions including reconciliations, breaks, and EOD checks
- Execute trades
- Provide pricing, margin, and financing market color to Portfolio managers
- Assist in cash and collateral management
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly reconciliations between the funds own proprietary system and that of their administrators
- Work with the operations team to perform daily reconciliation against the fund’s counterparts on both listed and OTC accounts
- Help resolve top day and T+1 P&L issues
- On track to graduate from an Undergraduate or consecutive Post-graduate degree in 2024 in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field
- A keen interest in financial markets
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be collaborative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain internal and external relationships
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
Capstone is committed to creating an inclusive environment where we welcome people of different backgrounds. Capstone considers applications for employment without regard to all applicable protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
BASE SALARY RANGE
$70,000 – $90,000 USD