Junior Trading Assistant
We are looking for a Middle Office Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for a broad scope of trade support functions and managing the trade lifecycle in a fast-paced environment. You will work very closely with the Portfolio Management team and must be able to handle multiple queries from the trading desk at any given time. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work efficiently and will have the ability to multitask while still maintaining detail orientation.
This is a unique opportunity to get involved across a range of products with a focus on equities and a middle office remit which is vast as the business expands and evolves. This creates great personal growth opportunities for motivated candidates.
- Manage trade capture of all products including but not limited to derivatives across equities, credit, rates, and FX
- Assist PM in monitoring risk platform and troubleshoot any issues
- Monitor affirmation platforms and ensure all risk/booking is correct
- Work closely with Sales counterparts and Operations to ensure trades are allocated and settled
- Manage affirmation of trades on matching platforms
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reporting for Investors as well as internal teams
- Lead process improvements — recognize inefficiencies or gaps, recommend improvements and help implement new processes
- Monitor control functions including reconciliations, breaks, and EOD checks
- 1-3 years of Middle Office experience
- Cash equities, equity derivatives & credit experience preferred
- Corporate actions knowledge a plus
- Strong familiarity with the trade lifecycle and relevant controls
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus
Capstone is committed to creating an inclusive environment where we welcome people of different backgrounds. Capstone considers applications for employment without regard to all applicable protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.