We are seeking a Fund Attorney to join the Legal team at a global asset manager. This role, will oversee a range of day-to-day legal matters relating to the formation, structuring and operation of private funds, including support for marketing, investor relations and compliance and regulatory issues.
· Draft and review of private fund offering materials, partnership agreements and other private fund legal documentation, including investor side letters for hedge funds, single investor funds and managed accounts
· Advise on the legal implications of offering new and existing products and services
· Advise on various marketing and ongoing investor communications
· Draft and review various contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documentation
· Perform ad hoc research projects
· Provide direct support to the General Counsel as necessary
· 3+ years of experience at a top tier fund formation law firm with direct experience with hedge fund formation, reviewing fund documents and drafting and negotiating side letters and service provider agreements
· Member in good standing of New York Bar or another state or jurisdiction
· Ability to work independently/under minimal supervision
· Displays a high level of professionalism, discretion and maintains confidentiality of all sensitive matters
· Excellent written communication skills with an aptitude for technology.
· Familiar working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
· Ability to be available outside of normal business hours to keep resolve issues/keep processes moving forward if necessary.
· Strong ownership mentality with exceptional resourcefulness and drive for results.