Front Office Developer
Capstone is looking to hire a Software Engineer to play a critical role in our mission to build world-class trading, order and risk management platforms to empower Portfolio Managers with decisions on Risk and Performance.
You will work as part of our Front Office Engineering team providing key assistance to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical skills and a strong interest in designing and building high performance systems. The role offers great exposure to the many and varied aspects of a hedge fund, and you will be expected to be a good communicator, a strong team player, an open-minded collaborator and able to bring innovative ideas to life.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology to join a leading hedge fund and work with a team of experienced professionals in a dynamic and fast paced environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Develop and maintain micro-service infrastructure as well as some work on the portfolio management system’s GUI applications
- Develop and produce financial analytics and information integration by working with large amounts of data such as market data and positions using various technologies such as messaging protocols, databases, and APIs
- Act as a connector to the business; this team sits within the broader dev team but are front office support specialists and so play a critical role being the go between core tech and the investment teams
- 3-5 years working experience in the financial industry
- Solid programming skills in Java essential and ideally some Python too
- Some working knowledge with SQL databases
- Experience using FIX protocols
- Familiarity or working experience with one or more asset classes of financial instruments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills