Business Intelligence Analyst
We are seeking a highly skilled Business Intelligence Analyst to join our risk team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining interactive visualizations of large financial data sets and supporting the Risk team, Investment Committee and Trading Desks in making data-driven decisions.
This role will play a critical part of the Capstone Risk mission to build a world-class risk platform to drive understanding and empower decisions on Risk, Performance, Margin and Capital Allocation.
To be effective in this role you will be required to interact with every business area: Trading, Technology, Treasury, Finance, Investor Relations, Compliance and Operations. The role offers great exposure to the many and varied aspects of a hedge fund, and you will be expected to be a great communicator, a strong team player, an open-minded collaborator and able to bring your own and others innovative ideas to life.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology to join a leading hedge fund and work with a team of experienced professionals in a dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Design and develop interactive dashboards, reports and visualizations to support the risk management and trading teams
- Collaborate with the risk team to understand their data visualization needs and requirements and provide guidance on best practices and design principles.
- Work with other members of the technology team to integrate data visualization tools and systems with other technology platforms and ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Proactively explore and develop new tools & approaches to visualization and share knowledge and best practices with the team.
- Expand data visualization capabilities beyond Tableau to other front-end technologies.
- At least 2 years’ experience in data visualization or dashboard development
- Expertise in Tableau, including design and development of interactive dashboards, reports and visualizations.
- Knowledge of other data visualization tools and technologies is a plus
- Analytical, innovative, and curious – with an ability to extrapolate meaning from data
- High levels of motivation and continually seeking to improve the performance of self and supportive of others to perform
- A collaborative team player, systematic, rigorous with an exceptionally high attention to detail