Assistant Fund Controller
- Work closely with the Fund Controller on daily team supervision and project organization
- Collaborate with Middle Office on the review of daily PnL as well as preparing and reviewing internal day-to-day NAV reporting
- Coordinate and project manage IT development projects on the Finance development list
- Review of month end close packages from the administrator along with preparing and overseeing the completion of internal shadow allocations and expense accruals.
- Work closely with Operations team to assist in month end reconciliations with the administrator
- Support IR team on ad hoc and monthly investor requests, DDQ responses.
- Work closely with the Fund Controller and Assistant General Counsel on the review of fund and investor documents
- Coordinate the accounting aspects of new fund launches, including participating in the fund structuring and account opening process as well as both internal meetings and investor calls throughout the launch
- Coordinate with the Management Company Accountants on management fee and incentive forecasts
- Review of audited financials and fund tax preparation (K-1, Federal + State filings)
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience with and ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables at one time: plan, document and coordinate projects as well as ensuring the team makes continuous progress, hits planned deadlines and ultimately delivers on the final results
- Involvement in process improvement/overall quality control of procedures
- IT development project experience as it relates to Fund Accounting
- Mix of private/public or private/admin experience is ideal. CPA is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working on Financial Statements / Audit Process
- Experience working on tax returns (K-1’s, Federal + State filings) is a plus